/ ədˈvīz / (verb)
to inform, recommend, or offer suggestions about the best course of action
Purpose of the Advisory Group
The Commons Advisory Group is a volunteer team of members who provide strategic input on the development and operation of the Commons.
Any active member of the Commons is welcome to join the Advisory Group. This is a great opportunity to take a more active role in shaping the future of our learning community!
There are several requirements a member must meet to join the Advisory Group:
- Be an active member of the site (any activity within the past 90 days)
- Have a complete profile (including profile photo and interest fields)
- Be a member or admin of at least 2 interest groups
- Have at least 10 friend connections with other members
Members of the Advisory Group are expected to do the following:
- Participate in at least 1 focus group per year. Focus groups are interactive meetings to discuss new features or other services planned for the Commons.
- Respond to at least 2 feedback surveys per year. Surveys provide specific feedback (both positive and negative) on various aspects of the site and the needs of the community.
- Contribute at least once per quarter to the Advisory Group private discussion forum (1 post + 2 replies).
Join the Advisory Group
If you are ready to join the Advisory Group, click the button to visit the Advisory Group page and request membership.