Looking Ahead to the Next Summit
Historically, we’ve held a Synergy Summit every other year. We are still evaluating plans, including timing and location, for a possible Summit in 2019.
Looking back at the 2017 Synergy Summit
The theme of the 2017 Summit was “Leading High-Impact Networks to Advance the Gospel”.
Over 100 mission and ministry network leaders from 35 countries and 57 networks gathered in Chiang Mai, Thailand for three-and-a-half days of connection, equipping, and encouragement at one of the largest international conferences exclusively focused on effective network leadership.
This was an opportunity to see the kingdom impact that networks and partnerships are having around the world. Participants had the chance to:
- Complete three hours of hands-on training in network leadership
- Participate in panel and group discussions
- Attend workshops
- Consult with network advisors
- Connect and worship together
- Learn from each other’s experiences and knowledge, and
- Share what God is doing around the world in their networks.
The visionSynergy team, serving as hosts, was joined by an outstanding team of international presenters and facilitators who helped facilitate table discussions and assist leaders in contextualizing the learning for their unique situations. In addition, several ministries provided tech services, piloted a conference app for ministry networks, and served participants throughout the event.
Looking back at 2015 Synergy Summit
The theme of the 2015 Summit was “Unleashing the Powerful Potential of Mission Networks”.
125 Kingdom-focused network leaders from 40 countries representing 44 major networks gathered in Barcelona, Spain for 2 1/2 days. We also offered two pre-conference training tracks for network leaders.
Outstanding presenters and facilitators helped springboard focused and contextualized conversation, learning and planning that focused on three key questions:
- What core competencies are needed to develop our collaborative leadership abilities?
- How can we improve as collaborative leaders?
- How can we lead missional networks as a team that see more people coming to Christ?
There was a heavy emphasis on introductions and connecting network leaders together. Many new relationships and network connections emerged from this gathering.
Looking back at the 2013 Synergy Summit
The 2013 Synergy Summit was held in Orlando, USA.
The conference that year focused on four topics that were identified as keys to the vitality of effective missional networks:
- Building Trust
- Developing a Culture of Sharing and Exchange
- Core Operations
- The Voluntary Nature of Networks
Short presentations by practitioners were followed by personal reflection, lively discussion groups, and the identification of action plans from each session.