Trainer, Speaker, Author, and Blogger, Beth Kanter shares a shortlist of 9 best practices for increasing your team member’s engagement and participation in your online meetings.
- Co-create your team’s rules of engagement or virtual meeting norms
- Virtual meeting design is more than agenda planning
- Avoid technical and time-zone scheduling snafus
- Always do a virtual icebreaker or check-in
- Create a line for participants to follow
- Use techniques for virtual brainstorming, voting, feedback, and energizers
- Evaluate and continuously improve virtual meetings
- >Make sure virtual participants aren’t left out in hybrid meetings
- Send meeting notes that people actually read
- Beth Kanter. 9 Best Practices for Engagement in Virtual Meetings. NTEN.org. October 2017.
- Warren Janzen. Can You hear Me Now? Facilitating Effective Network Meetings. March 2020.
- David Hackett and Michael Kaspar. Virtual Meetings and the Great Commission: Changing the Dynamics of Global Collaboration Among Christians. Lausanne Global Analysis. Sept. 2019
- Keith Ferrazzi. How to Build Trust on a Virtual Team. HBR. April 2017.