In his speech at the 2018 GoForth Missions Conference, Bishop Efraim Tendero, the secretary general and chief executive of World Evangelical Alliance, gave three reasons why partnerships are necessary to accomplish the job God has set out for believers. He also shared several keys to effective partnership and emphasized the vital importance of prayer.
- The Triune God demonstrated partnership when He made men and redeemed men (Genesis 1:26).
- The nature of the Church calls for partnership, as she is one body of Christ (Ephesians 4:16).
- The magnitude of the task requires believers to partner together.
Ensuring Effective Partnerships
- We have to focus on learning to agree with one another instead of on the “little things that divide us”.
- We must let go of our ego.
- God used courtship as an analogy of godly partnership: “When you court somebody, it’s not what you can get, but what you can give.
The Vital Importance of Prayer
- Prayer is essential for any gospel endeavor.
Bishop Efraim Tendero. Partnerships and Prayer: Twin Essentials for Missions. Salt & Light. Written by Rachel Phua. GoForth Mission Conference. July 15, 2018.